Following the end of the first session of the 9th House of Representatives, a list of the highest performing legislators by Bill sponsorship has just been released by Order Paper.
Rep. Benjamin Kalu is ranked among the top 5 performing legislators with the highest number of bills despite his busy schedule of protecting the image of the House.
According to Order Paper, here are the top 10 legislators who have been ranked alongside Rep. Kalu as lawmakers with the highest number of bills:
- Hon. Tajudeen Abbas took a clear lead of the chart having sponsored 59 bills with 23 of the bills for the establishment of Federal medical centers across the country. represents Zaria Federal Constituency of Kaduna State.
- Hon. Mohammed Tahir Monguno, is the chief whip of the House representing Monguno/Marte/Nganzai Federal Constituency of Borno State. He is ranked number 2 on the chart with 41 sponsored bills.
- Hon. Uzoma Nkem Abonta is the former Chairman of the House Committee on Public Petitions. He has sponsored over 65 bills since he became a member of the House in the 8th assembly. He represents Ukwa East/Ukwa West Federal Constituency and ranks 3rd on the chart.
- Hon. Dachung Bagos represents Jos South/East Federal Constituency of Plateau State and ranks number 4 on the chart having sponsored 27 bills.
- Hon. Benjamin Kalu is the Chairman, Committee on Media & Public Affairs. As the spokesperson of the House, he represents Bende Federal Constituency of Abia State and is ranked 5th in the chart. He has sponsored over 24 bills in the House.
- Hon. Simon Nwadkwom represents Barkin Ladi/Riyom Federal Constituency of Plateau State . He ranks 6th on the chart having sponsored 22 bills in the last session of the House.
- Hon. Nkeiruka Onyejeocha is ranks 7th on the chart. She the deputy chief whip of the House of Representatives and is the only woman on the chart with 19 bills to her name. She represents Isiukwuato/Umunneochi Federal Constituency of Abia State.
- Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila is the speaker of the House of Representatives. He has sponsored 17 bills in the House is ranked number 8 on the chart. He is representing surulere 1 Federal Constituency.
- Hon. Oluwole Oke is the Chairman, Committee on Public Accounts, he represents Osun Federal Constituency and has sponsored a total of 15 bills placing him in the 9th spot on the chart.
- Hon. Luke Onofik is a former speaker of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly. He currently chairs the Committee on Judiciary and has sponsored 14 bills.