The Member representing Bende Federal Constituency, Rep. Benjamin Okezie Kalu has ranked tops on the bills chart of 203 newly elected representatives in the 9th House, leading with about 41 bills.
This was revealed in a publication made by the OrderPaper of the House while analyzing a midterm scorecard for the representatives and the bills tally from June 2019 to May 2021.
As reported by OrderPaperToday, Out of the total number of 1365 bills sponsored within the last two years in the House, 10 out of 203 new reps have sponsored 195 bills, which constitutes about 14.2% of the total bills in the Green Chamber.
Rep. Benjamin Kalu who also doubles as the Chairman, House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, also the Spokesperson of the house leads tops the chart with 41 bills, a laudable feat which is rare for a first time representative.
This demonstrates his pragmatic leadership, active participation in legislative activities and commitment to constantly put Abia State on the map. Some of the bills sponsored by the representative include;
▪Acts Authentication Act (Amendment) Bill, 2019
▪ Nigerian Meteorological Agency Act (Amendment) Bill, 2019
▪ Nigerian Communications Act (Amendment) Bill, 2019
▪ Federal Capital Territory Education Resource Centre (Est.) Bill, 2019
▪ Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (Alteration) Bill, 2019
▪ Export Prohibition Act (Repeal) Bill, 2019
▪ Nigeria Export Processing Zones Authority Act (Repeal and Re-enactment) Bill, 2019
▪ Investment and Securities Act (Repeal and Re- enactment) Bill, 2019
▪ Foreign Service Commission (Establishment) Bill, 2019
▪ National Planning Process Bill, 2019
▪ Entrepreneurship Development Bank of Nigeria Bill, 2019
▪Federal College of Education, Bende. (Establishment) Bill, 2020