Former presidential aide Reno Omokri says the Abuja-Kaduna highway is now safe for travellers after a test ride on the route.

Omokri drove the corridor on Thursday with Nollywood actor Wale Ojo, journalists and volunteers who joined via the hashtag #RenoAbujaKadunaTour. He praised the security presence and ongoing roadworks.

“The essence of the trip was to prove that the road was safe and secure for Nigerians to ply,” he said.

He also inspected sections of the ongoing Abuja–Kaduna–Kano reconstruction. “The reconstructed parts of the road were so well done and smooth. It was a good job, and Nigerians should commend the president for this infrastructure renewal,” Omokri stated.

A video on his X handle showed Omokri and Ojo saluting military and police teams stationed at intervals, and buying produce from roadside sellers. He later confirmed the entourage returned to Abuja without incident.

The development aligns with National Security Adviser Nuhu Ribadu’s recent claim that the worst days on the route are over. The highway had been notorious for kidnappings and bandit attacks in recent years, prompting heavy deployments and repairs.

At Kaduna, supporters received Omokri and pledged to mobilise support for President Bola Tinubu ahead of 2027.

Share.

Comments are closed.

Exit mobile version